A Report Card Template Can Be a Very Valuable Teacher Tool!!
I'm sure you would agree that a report card template that provides teachers with a list of useful phrases, describing learning skills that are typically included as part of their report card comments, can be a very valuable tool to have.
So here are my suggested report template comments.
1. Independent Work
* Completes tasks and assignments on time and with care.
* Accepts responsibility for own behavior.
* Follows routines and instructions without supervision.
* Identifies and pursues learning goals and tasks independently.
* Responds and participates in a variety of learning activities.
* Selects learning materials, resources, and activities independently.
* Persists with tasks.
* Adheres to established time lines.
* Approaches new learning situations with confidence.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude towards learning.
* Seeks assistance when necessary.
* Seeks challenges and takes risks.
* Observes, questions and explores.
* Seeks additional and new information from library books, the internet, and other resources.
* Generates questions for further inquiry.
* Investigates and obtains information independently.
3. Homework Completion (work habits)
Homework is always an issue. Use some of the positive comments from this section of the report card template.
* Puts forth a consistent effort.
* Demonstrates interest in and enthusiasm for homework assignments.
* Begins work promptly and uses time efficiently.
* Follows direction and completes homework on time and with care.
* Shows attention to detail.
* Perseveres with complex projects that require sustained effort.
* Attends to the task at hand.
* Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
4. Use of Information
* Considers all information and alternatives before reaching a conclusion.
* Organizes information logically and creatively and manages it effectively.
* Uses information -retrieval technology effectively.
* Gathers information effectively, using a variety of techniques and sources.
* Shows regard for accuracy in analysing and evaluating information.
* Demonstrates creativity in assessing information and ideas and draws relevant conclusions.
* Asks questions to clarify meaning and ensure understanding.
* Recognizes when assignments and projects would benefit from additional information and identifies the type of information needed.
5. Goal Setting To Improve Work (with assistance, with peers, independently)
* Identifies specific steps or actions needed to reach goals or improve.
* Identifies and pursues goals independently.
* Uses others' comments to improve work and monitor learning.
* Assesses own work.
* Evaluates own success in reaching goals.
* Identifies strengths and areas for improvement in own work.
* Perseveres to achieve goals.
* Revises goals or steps and strategies when necessary.
* Accepts comments on performance from others.
Bullying is such a hot topic these days. Hopefully you'll find the next four sections beneficial for your report card template to initiate a warm, caring, and supportive learning environment.
6. Co-operation With Others
* Listens to, acknowledges and considers differing opinions.
* Respects the rights, property and opinions of others.
* Works and plays co-operatively with others.
* Willingly works with others and takes turns.
* Follows classroom and school rules and routines.
* Assumes responsibilities in groups, the classroom, and the school.
* Volunteers, always willing to help others.
* Considers both the immediate and long-term effects of his or her actions on others.
* Establishes positive relationships with peers and adults.
* Responds and is sensitive to the needs and welfare of others.
7. Conflict Resolution
* Resolves conflicts in socially acceptable ways.
* Resolves conflicts when they occur and can do so independently.
* Mediates differences of opinion.
* Assists others to resolve conflicts appropriately.
* Listens to understand conflicts before acting or offering a resolution.
* Seeks positive solutions to conflicts.
* Helps the group to identify and use strategies for conflict resolution.
8. Class Participation
* Participates in class and group activities.
* Contributes to co-operative problem solving.
* Listens to teacher's instructions and others without interrupting.
* Accepts various roles within the class and group, including leadership roles.
* Accepts a share of the work to be done.
* Helps to motivate others and encourages others to participate.
* Contributes information and ideas to the class and group.
* Shows respect for the ideas of others in the class and group.
* Recognizes contributions of group members through encouragement, support or praise.
* Shares responsibility for difficulties encountered during an activity.
9. Problem Solving
* Devises a plan to solve the problem.
* Applies successful strategies to new problems.
* Applies logic to solving problems.
* Solves problems independently.
* Carries out the plan - follows through.
* Evaluates the plan, solution, or result.
* Devises alternative solutions or ways of solving a problem.
* Develops original ideas and creative approaches to solve problems.
Good luck with writing your report card comments. I hope this report card template will assist you in composing
your learning skills comments.
Return from "Report Card Template" page to "Home" page
Report to "Report Card Comments" page
Report to " Student Assessment" page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.