Practical Teaching Strategies
For Inexperienced and New Teachers
Practical teaching strategies are critical for inexperienced and new teachers as they develop, implement, reinforce and maintain their teaching abilities.
Most student teachers have a good grasp of the theoretical aspects of teaching that they have learned in teacher's college.
After the strenuous interview process and receiving a contract position they are thrown "into the lion's den". NOW WHAT!!!!
You may feel trepidation, uncertainty and panic. Even experienced teachers, such as myself, have felt that way too on occasion! Please keep in mind, YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.
I designed this site to pass on my knowledge and love that I have developed for teaching.
My site is filled with practical day-to-day teaching strategies that work with all types of students in many different situations.
My goal is to make your first few years, less stressful, so that you can truly enjoy yourself and not feel sooo overwhelmed or overloaded.
What Makes a Good Teacher? - (That sure is a loaded question!!)
I truly believe that teaching is "inborn" - You either have it or you don't! Some teachers may beg to differ (which is fine) - You can grow into the profession.
Ask Yourself - Do I have "Natural Abilities" needed to become an effective teacher?
* A genuine care and concern for childrens' welfare and learning needs.
* A desire to develop a real connection with children by creating a wonderful rapport and a real bond between you and them.
* A warm and thoughtful personality, sensitive to your students hopes and dreams.
* A very enthusiastic and an extremely positive attitude.
* A willingness to go that extra mile for any student (even those with behavioural problems).
* And of course, a great sense of humor (wouldn't hurt).
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Yes, there is:
* Tons of marking and lots of work
* Possibly annoying parents (ha!)
* Report Cards
* Administration to deal with
* Behavioral situations and a lot more ....
If you are truly ready to take that risk, look forward to getting to school, ready to reach and teach your students - to have them achieve their goals - to "MAKE A DIFFERENCE" in their lives,
Then and only then, "Go For It". Start using some of the many teaching strategies that have worked for me over the past 33 years - that will be the greatest gift your students will ever receive and you will be on the road to becoming a Wonderful and Successful Teacher.
Try a few teaching strategies at a time - make sure it works for you and your students, then try a few more and so on ...
That's the Good, The Bad and The Ugly in a nutshell - in this profession there is far more GOOD than anything else.
You will realize that teaching is such a rewarding and exhilarating experience.
To me it was a "Natural High" - I retired feeling that way and I still have kept the passion within me and I'll never lose it.
So, What is an Effective Teacher?
An effective teacher has discovered the 7 core teaching strategies that, in my opinion, are essential to know and use.
In addition to the core strategies, please use the navigation bar to read about some of the major topics I discuss, such as student motivation, class management, teacher parent communication, classroom games and parties, etc.etc. etc.
If you're looking for something specific, use the site search feature located on the top right of each page.
As well, links to my latest pages on my priceless teaching strategies are listed below.
- Honey's Teaching Strategies Blog
- Honey's blog provides useful articles and updates on teaching strategies at her website:priceless-teaching-strategies.com.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) by Elementary School Teachers.
- Looking for answers to some of your concerns or problems that your having as a school teacher. Well, your question may already be on my list of frequently asked questions, so look here first.
- Essential Core Teaching Strategies To Make You a Great Teacher.
- Discover the basic core teaching strategies that are a must for all new and inexperienced teachers.
- Back To School Ideas To Start The Year Right.
- Be sure to read about my many back to school ideas. They will give you some great strategies to help you with your students as well as their parents.
- Successful Student Motivation Classroom Teaching Strategies
- There are so many ways for teachers to develop student motivation in the classroom. Be sure to read about the many successful methods that I used.
- Classroom Management Can Make You or Break You.
- Classroom Management encompasses so much and is so crucial to you having a successful year as a teacher. Read my many teaching strategies on a variety of topics.
- Build Strong Teacher Student Relationships
- Here's how to build strong teacher student relationships using my teaching strategies on classroom teaching methods and teaching techniques, verbal communications and student motivation.
- Student Assessment Involves Much More than Marking Tests and Assignments.
- Student assessment is an on-going process that should factor in many different aspects of your students' work. Use the methods that I discuss here to properly assess your students.
- Effective Parent Teacher Communication
- Parent teacher communication strategies and tools that will make parents your most powerful and valuable allies leading to successful and satisfying teacher parent relationships
- My Teacher Seminar Provide Valuable Teaching Strategies.
- Get the scoop on the practical side of teaching by watching my teacher seminar videos.
- Dealing with Parents are Everyday Occurrences.
- When dealing with parents, teachers must be diplomatic and tactful. Be sure to read my teaching strategies for handling several situations that may occur.
- Why is Your Classroom Layout Important ?
- Your classroom layout is important to help motivate and stimulate your students. Learn my strategies for organizing your classroom to create a positive learning and social environment.
- Classroom Party Ideas. C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E Good Times.
- Make use of my many classroom party ideas, activities and party games that are ideal for the different seasons, holidays and occasions throughout the year.
- Classroom Games Serve Many Useful Purposes.
- Read about the many different classroom games that my students and I loved to play and how I used them for team building, improving class moral, student motivation and of course as educational tools.
- Elementary Teacher Lesson Plans Are Necessary and Valuable Teaching Tools!
- Read this page to get answers to your questions about elementary teacher lesson plans. Pickup some free lesson plan templates too.
- Why is Physical Education Important, Teachers Ask?
- Find the answer to "Why is physical education important" and teaching strategies that will work for you.
- Kindergarten Teaching Strategies Shared By A Successful Kindergarten Teacher.
- Teachers, learn about these effective kindergarten teaching strategies in literacy, numeracy, kindergarten games, resources and practices.
- Resolve The Homework Debate About The Benefits Of Homework.
- The homework debate raises questions about many homework issues. As an experienced teacher I provide answers and homework strategies for teachers to use.
- Stress Relief For Teachers is a Must!
- Your satisfaction in teaching can be increased by improving your ability to handle stress. Read my strategies on stress relief for teachers that deal with handling stress in and outside the classroom
- Teacher Interview Tips To Get You The Interview and The Job .
- Read my teacher interview tips and discover HOW to get the interview and HOW to get prepared.
- Teaching Jobs Overseas Can Provide The Best Teaching Experiences in Your Life.
- If your considering any teaching jobs overseas be sure to read this and find out what you need to know, learning from the experiences of other teachers.
- Professional Development For Teachers - What's In It For You!!
- Why is professional development for teachers so important, what are your options and benefits.
- Articles on Teaching Strategies - A Must Read.
- These articles on teaching strategies discuss many different components of teaching that elementary school teachers come across on a daily basis.
- Your teaching strategies are important. Help out your teaching colleagues.
- Share your teaching strategies and teaching experiences with other teaching professionals or read about how other teachers have handled some of the situations that have come up in your own classroom.
- Cool School Supplies - What's On Your List?
- Be sure that you and your students check out the great deals for some of the cool school supplies that you'll find here.
- Honey Krumholz Teacher Biography
- Honey provides an insight about who she is, her professional teaching experience, current teaching activities and motivation to improve the skills of new teachers.
- Teacher Testimonials for Honey Krumholz
- Read just a few of the teacher testimonials that certify her as an experienced, exceptionally talented, caring education professional.
- Valuable Teacher Resources For Elementary School Teachers.
- Check out these links to find more useful teacher resources.
- Contact Form
- Fill in my contact form with your questions or comments and I'll be very happy to respond back to you.